Do your Research.
There are so many websites nowadays ,do not rush take time to do your own research. Whether you buying to rent, you first home vacation or home ownership. Most first home buyers rely on real estate agents or brokers it’s good to take time to research before making an offer.
Buy Within Your Means.
Calculate, the cost of buying your home and asses your resources before settling for your final home. This helps you know how much you will set aside, for the house and decide the type of home you can afford.
Know Your Lifestyle.
Understand your area, choose an environment that suits your life style and needs. If you love jogging pick an area that will allow you to do some of the things that you love.
Purchase home that appeal to the largest demographic, when it comes to time to sell that is choosing to go for a 3 bedroom or a 2 bedroom when selling it will appear on more sale groups.
Know the developer of your property.
The developer helps you to understand the type of community you will be settling in, he will help you in knowing the types of amenities and spaces ,and what they are being planned for the in community.
Is he putting parks or, buildings more house on the road all this the community you live in, can affect the value of your home so it’s good to know who your developer is.
Research on the Builder
You have to ensure you have a well build home. Find someone that values the quality, and will provide support during and after your purchase.
The other thing need to know is if you working with an experienced builder, look at the rooflines pitches of a home they can be good indicators of a quality builder, who invested value and details the architectural aspects. This will show they understand quality needed for a home and efforts that are put in.
Avoid borrowing money from your family and friends.
It sounds as a good idea to have support from family members, and friends that they will loan you the money to buy a home. But then sooner or later that is going to cause you additional mental and emotional stress, it will cause you financial stress between you and the person who lends you the money.
Look at the cost of home ownership.
As first time home buyer, look into those houses that are in better condition. Houses that don’t need fixing or renovating this because you don’t have a idea of how much it will cost you to renovate, because you have never owned a home.
As genuine first time home buyer, stay away from those houses that need attention, find those homes that are in their best condition as possible and are nearly to your budget range.
Put down your wish list.
Buying a house or an apartment is a process, put together you wish list what are the some of the things that are none negotiable , the must haves, what is realistic to your price range and in the current market .
The size of the house ,maybe you have kids or planning to have kids, this might be some of the things that are none negotiable and they determine the size of the house you want and so forth. Have real estate advisor on some of the things you have on your wish list.
Lastly have a real estate agent advisor.
Real estate agent knows the market in and out, they can detect issues on potential home that might have gone unnoticed. They will review the a home evaluate in detail and observe the house themselves.
They help in negotiation process, instances where the seller needs to improve and repair that the buyer should not cater for. The agent also helps in preparing paper work some of the documents include.
- Title deeds- A legal deed or document constituting evidence of a right, especially to ownership of property.
- Repairs- He will be able to tell the seller to repair some parts of the house that are badly off ,instead of you the buyer having to incur the cost of repairing it.
- Affidavit of the seller-A legal document provided by the sellerof a piece of property ,that explicitly states the status of potential legal issues involving the property or the
- Affidavit of the title- A sworn statement of fact that specifies the seller of a property holds the title to.
- Bill of sale- This is legal document made by the seller to a purchaser, that has specific dates location and the sum of money or other value received by the seller from the purchaser of specific personal item or property.
- Tax transfer declarations – Copies of tax forms, signed by the granter(seller) indicating transfer ownership of a real property from the previous owner to the new owner.
With all this paper comes with signatures, keeping and multiple copies that real estate agent, ensures that the process is followed successfully and complete for ownership of you first home.