Digital technology’s enhancement is reshaping the entire market. Consumers are showing interest in shopping online with maximum comfort and transparency through applications or websites and expect the same experience when ordering food. So many food delivery applications have entered into the market like UberEats, Swiggy, and Zomato etc. and there is demand huge demand for food delivery applications in the market. So how much does it Cost to develop an App like UberEats?
What is Uber Eats?
Uber launches its brand-new UberEats app, which is not about a ride. It’s a fresh application to order food. It will effectively order food, with the added plus you can monitor its progress from the time you press a button until it arrives at your door.
It is a service that can be ingested with the assistance of a smartphone by anyone and its advantage is what made it so popular in many countries around the globe.
This service enables clients to order hot food from local restaurants and deliver them wherever they are. UberEats is as simple to order as it is to ask for a ride. Using Uber Eats is a very easy process, mainly if you already use the Uber application for your transport.
You have to need to do is open the Uber app and select the repast icon at the top. After entering your location, and then tap the view menu to place an order. Your meal will then be on the curbside within a matter of just minutes.
There are just a number of repast alternatives that all have to change rates as far as pricing is concerned. A set delivery fee remains the same whether you order one or more meals at a time.
Features Involved in Food Delivery Application like UberEats
User Side Panel Features?
Check the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for application and download and installed the app successfully then User need to go through the registration and login page.
- Login: Through social media logins of Facebook or Gmail or just through a single OTP confirmation on the phone number of the user, this process can be created simple.
- Location: Based on the user’s location, the list of available restaurants is shown within a fraction of seconds. Users can also have a chance to browse the map for selecting their preferred location
- Menu: This is one of the key features of food delivery mobile application. After selecting any specific restaurant, the details of the accessible menus will be shown to the customer in this screen in a straightforward way, such as names, dish pictures, contact no, customer reviews, anticipated shipping time, etc. so that the user is not confused by overlapping parts.
- Set pickup on the map – Activate GPS or begin typing your address – your precise location is recognized by the app. You can put the place of your pick up on the map.
- Cart Section: This portion is used before making the payment to manage the order applications. The user should be able to increase or decrease the food count just be tapping on a plus or minus button respectively. The total cost with all details of taxes should be shown in a transparent manner, and the amount should be updated dynamically with the changes in the quantity of the cart.
- Payment: The user will then be taken to the payment page where he/she will have to verify the order by paying through various accessible payment gateways. You can also hold the money on delivery option to make it more flexible.
- Reviews Screen and Past Order: In each restaurant details, the user reviews and comment section can include App developer and past order section is intended to keep track of previous orders from the interested customers to facilitate reordering.
- Offers and Discounts: The App owner/restaurant can also continue to update the user via push notifications on fresh offers and discounts from their favourite restaurants.
- Track delivery boy -Track the delivery boy’s specific place and see him arriving in real time. Push-notifications, time of arrival and call-button with one-tap.
- Search: This section is put on the upper part of the user’s home screen and is compulsory for food delivery applications. Users can search within seconds by the name of the food and all the names of the restaurant where that dish is available and at what is the price of that dish.
Admin Side Panel Features
- Dashboard: The users of the app are redirected to their home page after setting up the account, which is the dashboard. Here they can keep track of the pending orders, finished orders and orders that are being processed for more precise understanding and overview of what is happening
- Receive or Reject Orders: This is the most vital component of on-demand delivery applications and timely delivery of the food is a major problem. Users can cancel the order if it lasts longer than the set date or time and it counts as a loss, such delay can leave a conflicting feeling. Not all of the restaurants can give home delivery as such the app should have a slider in the restaurant account page so that the admin can toggle yes or no from there. There must be a choice of accepting the order or cancel from the restaurant side
- Manage Restaurant Account: Each restaurant can set photos of their restaurant, name, logo, food images, operating hours, minimum order amount and add all accessible menus together with the price and anticipated delivery time. They may also mention discounts for any specific product from their end. This entire portion falls into the application’s profile section.
- Payment: The user would have the choice in the payment section to transfer the cash according to their choice to banks or any other platform such as PayPal or Wallet app. It can also be an added function along with all the history to display daily income reports.
Delivery Boy Features
- Order request-When the customer places an order, the location will be automatically allocated based on the order. Each order will appear with the ID of the order, the name of the customer and the delivery address. So he/she will get all the order of his location where he is present now. If he accepts or rejects the order, the information will display on customer panel
- Order delivery- Based on the acceptance of the order, he/she will deliver the order to the customer place and complete the order. The order is kept with status, i.e. positioned, packed, supplied, etc.
- Transaction history- As stated above for payment, the transaction history of the payment will be retained in the app showing the delivery boy’s full earnings report.
- Online assistance: If the delivery boy is facing any kind of problem then he can interact with the support team for getting instant assistance
Cost to develop an app like UberEats?
As it is evident that it is difficult to exactly figure out how much you will have to spend for getting an online food delivery app similar to UberEats. Generally speaking, most of the app development companies charge their clients on the per hour basis and this charge or price you may say varies from one nation to another.
Obviously, it’s hard to find out accurately how much you’ll have to spend to get an UberEats-like online food delivery app. Generally speaking, most app development companies charge their customers on an hourly basis and this charge or cost you might say differs from country to country and at the same time the type of platform, designs and features and etc. reveal the cost to develop a food delivery application
For example, in the United States, a client normally needs to pay $100 -$200, whereas in European nations it changes and cost decreases to $50 to $150. But if you are choosing an Indian app development firm, your job will rightly be done at a much affordable price ranging from $20 to $50.
If you are really exciting in estimating the approximate cost for on-demand food delivery app development. It may cost you around $25,000 to $ 40,000 on an estimate. However, the cost of the app may change
About the author:
Sai saanvi is a digital marketer and technical writer of best Mobile App Development Company in Dubai
. She has written on various topics including digital marketing and mobile app development related topics. She always wants to gain and share her knowledge with the people who want to learn new things in digital marketing and mobile app technologies.